When clients take advantage of our low cost fee protection scheme, they can rest assured that HMRC scrutiny will be taken care of by us and all fees met by the insurers.
With the average HMRC investigation taking around 16 months and accountancy fees to handle an investigation potentially reaching £5,000, having protection and advice when you need it is essential.
Whats included in the service:
- Corporation Tax Self Assessment Enquiries
- Income Tax Self Assessment Enquiries
- Business inspection notices under Schedule 36 (interventions)
- PAYE/NIC employer compliance visits and disputes
- VAT compliance visits and disputes
- IR35 disputes
- CIS disputes
- Repayment claims
- Appeal to the First Tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
- Special civil investigiations (indemnity £5,000)
- Judicial review (indemnty £5,000)
- ...any written enquiry from HMRC
Whats excluded from the service:
- Criminal prosecutions and fraud
- Enquiries that have commenced prior to subscribing to the service
- Routine compliance work, e.g. preparing tax returns
A typical case study of a client that takes advantage of our bookkeeping service:
Following a recent day long VAT visit covering four years trading, commencing at the client’s premises, with the records review taking place at our offices, we received the following closure letter from HMRC:
Thank you very much for your time in our meeting of 14 April 2015 and your subsequent letter providing me with some follow up information.
I have now concluded my examination of your clients VAT records, and can advise that I have found no areas for correction in the records that I have inspected. This concludes my VAT intervention.
Fees paid by the insurers were £1,095.
Suffice to say our clients were reassured that we do our job properly and very relieved to have been able to keep business disruption to a minimum by delegating the majority of liaison with HMRC to us at no cost to them.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 0121 685 1050. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.